Presenter information (poster)
In anticipation of your arrival at ESA/ESOC for the 6th European Ground System Architecture Workshop (ESAW) please take this opportunity to familiarise yourself with the security and entrance procedure at ESOC, listed below, and other useful information regarding the conference.
The workshop will take place in the ESOC Conference Centre, building H.
Security and Entrance Procedure
To enter the ESOC site you need to register at the Security Gate at the campus entrance. As you are already registered for the conference, security has received your name on the list of participants.
Access is only permitted upon presentation of a valid passport or Personalausweis which will be checked for authenticity. Driving licenses, residence permits, health insurance cards etc. are not accepted as proof of identity. Personal data are collected, processed, and deleted after a certain period. Not or incorrectly registered persons will not be admitted.
Wear your visitor badge visibly at all times on the premises and follow the instructions of security staff. The ESOC Security Service reserves the right to refuse access to persons who are uncooperative. Luggage checks have to be conducted as part of the security procedure. Please refrain from taking unrequired luggage with you. This will allow us to speed up the registration process.
Site will be open on Tuesday 20th June for entrance procedure from 07:30 h in order to get around last minute afflux. The opening ceremony will start at 09:00 h in the Conference Centre.
Safety and Security Regulations
Please take note of these safety rules and regulations which must be observed when visiting the ESA/ESOC site.
- Emergency number: 3333
- Wear your badge visibly at all times on the premises
- Visitors have to be accompanied and shall not access areas other than those falling into the scope of the visit
- ESOC has a non-smoking policy, only smoke in the designated areas
- Parking will be possible at ESOC visitor parking or in park houses in the vicinity (4 min.)
- All poster presenters are being asked to mount their poster immediately after arriving.
- We will have a dedicated (indexed) poster area. We ask you to respect this designated places for mounting your poster. Each author will share a poster board with one other author, and each author will have allocated a useable area measuring 23.4 in (594 mm) wide x 33.1 in (841 mm) high. This is a portrait/vertical format.
- We will provide some material for mounting the poster. You are free to bring your own pins. No glue or tape, please.
- Posters should remain on the boards for the entire duration of the conference.
- Posters should be removed from the boards on Wednesday 21st June 2017 until 18:00h. Authors will not have access to the poster area after 18:00h. All posters that have not been picked up will be removed by us and will be disposed.
- INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS FOR THE PREPARATION OF POSTERS (PDF)
How to get to ESOC by Car or Public Transportation
For access to the ESA/ESOC site using public transportation or by car, please refer to this webpage.
For those who need to arrange a taxi transfer from the airport, or other such transfers, please contact the ESOC reception at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the organiser at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to ESOC.